We’ve all been there. You’re driving along and, seemingly out of nowhere, a pebble comes flying directly at your car windshield. The next thing you know, there’s a crack in the glass that needs to be dealt with. There are many factors that determine whether you’ll need a full windshield replacement or if a simple repair will do. Let’s say there’s no getting around the need for a brand-new windshield — not a problem! Auto Glass Service is here to make the process seamless for you. In the interim, make sure to avoid these seven things to ensure the safety of you and your loved ones.
- Do Not Operate Your Vehicle If It’s Unsafe - Driving a car with a broken windshield is dangerous for you and for others on the road around you. Auto glass damage that restricts visibility puts you at an increased risk of collision or injury. Even a small crack can affect the integrity of the glass, making it more susceptible to further damage over time.
- Do Not Put Pressure on the Windshield - Avoid slamming your car doors, driving on rough roads, getting a carwash, or even washing your windshield with a high-power hose, as these things can create an even larger crack.
- Do Not Expose Your Vehicle to Extreme Temperatures - Extreme cold contracts the glass, which can shrink the windshield and cause the crack to spread horizontally. Extreme heat expands the glass and can cause the metal around your windshield to warp, creating stress cracks and fractures along the windshield’s edges. Try to keep your car in a garage or covered area where it’s protected from extreme temperatures. Don’t blast your defroster or AC immediately after getting in the vehicle.
- Do Not Let the Damage Get Worse - Although a small chip in your windshield may seem like nothing, these small chips can turn into large cracks. We’re here to guide you through the windshield replacement process from start to finish.
- Do Not Stress Out - Nobody plans on replacing their windshield, but, life happens! There’s no need to stress about it — we will take care of you every step of the way.
- Do Not Skip Windshield Camera Recalibration - When we replace your windshield, we’ll always recalibrate the forward-facing camera attached to your windshield. Recalibration ensures your advanced safety features continue to work properly.
- Do Not Choose an Auto Glass Company without a National Lifetime Warranty - Our professionally trained technicians are AGSC and Dow Automotive Systems certified and all installation and workmanship carry a National Lifetime Warranty. We stand behind our work!